On Friday, June 21st Pop-Up Queer Dance Party is hosting ‘POP TALKS; Queer Ideas Worth Spreading.’ We are looking for local queers and allies to share their inspiring ideas and/or present on an innovative project/program they created/worked on.
Interested? I thought So!
Here are the details you need to know:
- Presentation Length: 8-10 Min
- Equipment: We will be at the Flynn space with a projector and computer connection for presentations (you will need to bring any powerpoint or visual on a jump drive please!).
- Topic: E-mail you topic proposal (5-8 sentences on what you want to talk about) to Pop Up at: POP.UP.QUEER.DANCE.PARTY@GMAIL.COM
We will be selecting proposals based on diversity of topics and queer identities. deadline for proposal is midnight Friday, June 7th!
Example: So what do we mean?
- Do you have a unique perspective on something about the queer community or issues that affect our queer lives? Like: queer divorce, birth/adoption, or community organizing?
- Are you an “expert” on a topic or a skill about queers or as a queer? Like: working in the building trades, an author, or queering up some part of our society.
- Do you have an idea that you have always wanted to share? Like: Hey, we could really use more queer social space! What would a “queer district” in Burlington look like? How about a cool mobile sauna with bubble tea? (yes, really).
- Can you do it in 10 minutes or less and share it in front of a crowd?